Sunday, July 8, 2007

Vermaji, this is why I blog

In a wittily constructed aside, the very articulate Vermaji takes off on the equally expressive Vir Sanghviji for declaring a marked inclination for the Beatles over the Stones. Now, pray, why should that be so hard to stomach?

The Beatles, in my not-so-humble opinion, created better melodies than the Stones. And if, God forbid, it came down to who I'd prefer for company on a Desert Island, I, too, would plump for them. Does this make me a counfounding antithesis of the person who writes with great skill about olives or other fine things in life? I hope not. I suspect there are more than a few fine food critics who'd prefer the Beatles and olives to the Stones.

The way I see it, it's a simple matter of taste. And not the lack of good taste, as Vermaji tries to make it out to be. All this in no way justifies my blogging on about it for an audience of one. That said, I find it very hard not to stand up for the Beatles. (Much like Vermaji for the Stones.)

Tube light: Oh, hang on a minute. I get it. The whole thing is not much more than an engaging artifice for a few more pageviews. As you can see, these age-old face-offs are a great tactic to get people going. (Link: Vermaji vs. Sanghviji)

No comments: