Monday, July 16, 2007

Girls from Mumbai just wanna have fun



As someone who has been a bit of a quizzer oftentimes and a misogynist other times, it gives me ... umm, immense quizzical thoughts when I look at the roster of top performers at the BQC. Why so few women?

I've known a few women in the Chennai and Bangalore circle of quizzers who'd beat the pants of my little quizzing ass, but what's with the women of Mumbai? Next to no finishers near the top of the table. Hmm. Out with it girls. Too busy doing other more important things than quizzing? And pray, what might these so-called more important things be?

I guess it would be hazardous to draw any hasty conclusions from this latest set of revelations, so I wisely shan't. Instead, I'll let you arrive at your own. Incidentally, if you want to check out some really smart female quizzers, you ought to check out my friend Unantha's quiz blogs.

PS: What's with the picture of the jugs? Well, when I typed the words "Female Quizzers' in Google Image Search, that's one of the images that came up. Nuff said.

No comments: