Tuesday, August 12, 2008

My latest venture

To set up a blues band. Here's the last track I wrote. It's called 'Token up by the blues' and it's open to interpretation. Welcome.

Token up by the blues
sitting by myself
in this 100 year old house
boy, and is it an old old house
sitting by myself
in this 100 year old old house
i feel even older
i got no job
got no woman
got an empty whisky bottle
and a bad habit to feed
that’s when the baba said
here boy, try you some weed

well, there I was sitting by myself
in a 100 year old old house
feeling even older
got no friends
got no family
got a empty stomach
and nothing to eat
then the sage assured me
ignore the smell, the high is so-o-o sweet

there I was sitting by myself
starved of company
food, whisky and nookie
ready to hit rock bottom
sinking under the weight
of a life looking
oh so so so empty
that’s when it hit me
the future looked so peachy

i turned to the sage, the baba
the magician with the potion
took his blessings
and set off to conquer the world
a few hours later
a head-full of dreams down the line
prodded by reality
i woke up. i needed to toke up

now here I am
sitting by myself
in this 100 year old house
looking every bit older
still no job
still no woman
still an empty whisky bottle
a bad case of the munchies
and two bad habits to feed
boy, I wish I’d never tried meself that weed

No comments: