Friday, June 22, 2007

The BINV Syndrome

Yesterday, somebody I work with walked up to me and asked whether I had heard of Anand Jon? (In case you haven't, he is the LA fashion designer charged with multiple counts of rape and other sexual offences.) The funny thing is not that he asked me about Anand Jon but that he seemed almost proud to have studied with someone who was now in the news, for all the wrong reasons. I suppose you can call it the Being In The News Vicariously (BINV) Syndrome. Which also explains why so many people love to send links to websites like India Uncut. (So that they too can enjoy their few links of fame, silly.) Full disclosure: I, too, bombard Vermaji with my links. Unfortunately, the much admired gent doesn't find them interesting enough to showcase on his Übersite. Sniff.

Links: Anand Jon, Vermaji

No comments: