Saturday, April 14, 2007

Vonnegut v/s Post Vonnegut

I never quite understand why but I often find it more interesting to read about something than that something itself. Perhaps I'm just more enamoured by what people say about someone than that someone. Which might explain why I am so worried about what people think about me even though I think I don't care a whit about what people think about me. I see. This thought occured to me while I was reading reactions and reflection on Kurt Vonnegut after the death of Kurt Vonnegut.

Interestingly enough he said this in an article he wrote for The Nation: If Western Civilizations, which surely now includes the Soviet Union and China and India and Pakistan and on and on, were a person-- I agree with him. It's time I gave the man another look.

No comments: